- circa 1959
- Media category
- Materials used
- oil on wood
- 90.5 x 59.5 cm sight; 110.1 x 79.0 x 3.0 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed verso, blue pen "WHITELEY BRETT". Not dated.
- Gift of the Rudy Komon Memorial Fund 1985
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Wendy Whiteley/Copyright Agency
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 5 exhibitions
Brett Whiteley Art & Life (1995-1996), Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 16 Sep 1995–19 Nov 1995
Brett Whiteley - Aspects & Insights (1996-1997):
- Gold Coast City Art Gallery, Surfers Paradise 07 Jul 1996–13 Aug 1996
- Perc Tucker Regional Gallery, Townsville 23 Aug 1996–29 Sep 1996
- Cairns Art Gallery, Cairns 05 Oct 1996–10 Nov 1996
- The Brett Whiteley Studio, Surry Hills 23 Nov 1996–19 Jan 1997
- Orange Regional Gallery, Orange 31 Jan 1997–16 Mar 1997
Genesis of a Painter: The early abstractions of Brett Whiteley (1998-1999), Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 29 Aug 1998–31 Jan 1999
Iconic Whiteley (2009-2010), The Brett Whiteley Studio, Surry Hills, 12 Sep 2009–22 Aug 2010
Blue (2011), The Brett Whiteley Studio, Surry Hills, 09 Jul 2011–08 Jul 2012
Referenced in 6 publications
Barry Pearce, Genesis of a Painter: The early abstractions of Brett Whiteley, 'Genesis of a painter: The early abstractions of Brett Whiteley', pg. 2-3, Sydney, 1998, 4. cat.no. 4
Barry Pearce., The Sydney Morning Herald, 'The creation of young Brett', Sydney, 26 Aug 1995, 13A (illus.). Barry Pearce looks at the early influences on the artist's life, as the Whiteley retrospective opens at the Art Gallery of NSW.
Barry Pearce, Brett Whiteley Art & Life, 'Early Work', pg. 50-55, London, 1995, 53 (colour illus.), 226. plate no. 3
Robert Raymond, 52 views of Rudy Komon, Sydney, 1999, 164.
Kathie Sutherland, Brett Whiteley: A sensual lilne 1957-67, Victoria, 2010, 232.
Editor Unknown (Editor), Brett Whiteley - Aspects & Insights, Sydney, 1996.
Other works by Brett Whiteley
Self portrait in the studio Brett Whiteley 1976 1.1977 Winner - Archibald Prize 1976 On display – Brett Whiteley Studio, Surry Hills
See all 85 works