A tea shop
25 Jun 1875 - 16 Jul 1950
John Copley was one of the founders of the Senefelder Club (London 1909), a group of artists that devoted themselves to practicing & promoting original lithography at a time when etching was the fashion. It was through this club that Thea Proctor was introduced to this medium, hence the Proctor Fund's donation of this print. This work is one of Copley's earliest prints, produced in 1909, the same year of the first exhibition of the Senefelder Club.
34.1 x 30.7 cm sheet
Signature & date
Signed l.r. sheet, pencil "John Copley". Not dated.
Thea Proctor Memorial Fund 1991
Not on display