Study for 'Margaret Olley'
24 Sep 1899 - 13 May 1970
Study for portrait of Margaret Olley
Studies for 'Margaret Olley'
pencil on ivory wove paper
25.4 x 20.4 cm sheet
Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
Gift of Margaret Olley 1995
Not on display
© Courtesy Sir William Dobell Art Foundation.
Shown in 1 exhibition
William Dobell the painter's progress (1997-1998):
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 14 Feb 1997–27 Apr 1997
- Newcastle Region Art Gallery, Newcastle 07 May 1997–06 Jul 1997
- Museum of Modern Art at Heide, Bulleen 29 Jul 1997–21 Sep 1997
- Queensland Art Gallery, South Brisbane 25 Oct 1997–07 Dec 1997
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart 08 Jan 1998–01 Mar 1998
Referenced in 3 publications
Peter Raissis, William Dobell - the painter's progress, 'Recovery at Wangi', pg. 90-109, Sydney, 1997, 92, 94 (colour illus.). cat.no. 29b
Author Unknown, Sotheby's Sydney: Paintings and drawings from the studio of Sir WiIliam Dobell., Sydney, 1973, (illus.). cat.no. 54, page unknown
Editor Unknown (Editor), Christie's Australia - Australian and European Paintings, South Yarra, 01 Aug 1995, (illus.). cat.no. 208, page unknown