synthetic polymer paint, oil on canvas
244.0 x 183.0 cm stretcher; 246.0 x 185.0 x 4.8 cm frame
Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
Not on display
© Sam Francis/ARS. Licensed by Copyright Agency
Shown in 1 exhibition
Fresh air school:
- Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh 26 Oct 1972–07 Jan 1973
- University Art Museum (University of Texas), Austin 1973–20 Sep 1973
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art 1973–1973
- Rockhill Nelson Gallery, Kansas City 1973–1973
- Toledo Museum of Art, United States of America 1973–1973
Referenced in 2 publications
Edmund Capon AM, OBE and Jan Meek (Editors), Portrait of a Gallery, 'Contemporary Art', pg. 61-69, Sydney, 1984, 65 (colour illus.).
Carnegie Institute, Fresh air school: exhibition of paintings by Sam Francis, Joan Mitchell, Walasse Ting, Pittsburgh, 1972.