- Place where the work was made
- Daoguang 1821 - 1850 → Qing dynasty 1644 - 1911 → China
- Media category
- Materials used
- hanging scroll; ink and colour on silk
- 82.5 x 44.0 cm image; 174.5 x 70.5 cm scroll
- Signature & date
Signed and dated., u.l.corner., in Chinese, inscribed in black ink "…in the autumn of the Jiachen (1844), Yanqiao, Dun."
Signed, u.l.corner, in Chinese, stamped in red ink, "Yanqiao [artist's seal]".
- Gift of Mr F. Storch 1993
- Not on display
- Accession number
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Zhang Peidun was born in Wu County (today's Jiangsu province), learnt painting from Zhai Dakun, was good at connoisseurship, calligraphy and painting. Zhang Peidun's painting was influenced by Shen zhou and Chen Daofu, his calligraphy style followed that of Wen Zhengming.
[Dictionary of the Chinese artists]
Where the work was made
Shown in 1 exhibition
Conversations through the Asian collections, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 25 Oct 2014–13 Mar 2016