- Place where the work was made
New South Wales
- 10 September 1991-13 January 1992
- Media categories
- Sketchbook , Drawing
- Materials used
- bound sketchbook: 110 leaves, 110 drawings, fibre-tipped pen on ivory wove paper
- 15 x 9.9 cm leaf; 15.9 x 10.7 x 2.6 cm closed book; 15.9 x 19.7 x 2.8 cm open book
- Signature & date
Signed and dated u.l. corner, inside front cover, black fibre-tipped pen "10.9.91/ 13.1.92/ A.McIntyre".
- Gift of the artist's estate 2012
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Estate of Arthur McIntyre
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Arthur McIntyre studied at the National Art School and Alexander Mackie College from 1963-66, and art history at the University of Sydney 1971-73. He exhibited his work from 1970, until his death in 2003, and was the subject of a major publication and two-part exhibition, Arthur McIntyre: Bad blood 1960-2000 (Hazelhurst and Macquarie University) in 2010.
As well as a practicing artist, he wrote major books on contemporary Australian drawing and Australian collage, and taught and lectured on art in various NSW high schools, technical colleges and tertiary institutions. He participated in numerous residencies in France between 1975 and the early 1990s, and curated a number of exhibitions on drawing and collage at Holdsworth Galleries.
Where the work was made
Other works by Arthur McIntyre
See all 28 works