- Place where the work was made
New South Wales
- Media category
- Materials used
- compressed charcoal, gouache, pastel primer on white paper
- 170.0 x 180.0 cm sheet ; 168.5 x 181.5 x 6.0 cm frame
- Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
- Purchased with funds provided by the Australian Prints, Drawings and Watercolours Benefactors' Fund 2010
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Stephen Hall
- Dobell Prize for Drawing
- - 2010
- Artist information
Works in the collection
This work was a finalist in the 2010 Dobell Prize and was acquired by the Gallery in 2010.
Where the work was made
Shown in 2 exhibitions
Dobell Prize for Drawing 2010, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 06 Nov 2010–30 Jan 2011
Contemporary Australian Drawing: 20 Years of the Dobell Drawing Prize:
- Grafton Regional Gallery 15 Feb 2013–24 Mar 2013
- Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery, Booragul 30 Mar 2013–05 May 2013
- Orange Regional Gallery, Orange 05 Jul 2013–18 Aug 2013
- National Art School, Darlinghurst 29 Aug 2013–06 Oct 2013
- Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre, Murwillumbah 18 Oct 2013–24 Nov 2013
- Drill Hall Gallery, Australian National University, Canberra 11 Apr 2014–18 May 2014
Referenced in 3 publications
Christopher Allen., The Australian, 'To express what only drawing will allow', Canberra, 14 Dec 2010. not paginated
Helen Campbell, Contemporary Australian Drawing: 20 years of the Dobell Prize for Drawing, ‘Other works acquired from the Dobell Prize for Drawing’ compiled, pg. 62-72, Sydney, 2012, 11, 66 (colour illus.), 79.
Hendrik Kolenberg, Look, 'A fine harvest of drawings: legacy of an exceptional draughtsman', pg. 28-31, Sydney, Nov 2011, 31.
Other works by Stephen Hall
See more works