- Place where the work was made
- Heisei period 1989 - → Japan
- Media category
- Materials used
- stoneware with 'chindeisai' glaze
- 13.0 cm diam.of mouth; 41.0 x 38.2 cm
- Gift of Rev. Muneharu Kurozumi 2004
- Not on display
- Accession number
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Inuyama Takuya is based in Izumo and has exhibited at regional and national shows, including the prestigious Exhibition of Japanese Traditional Arts and Crafts ('Nihon Dento Kogeiten'), since 1982. He has participated in several exhibitions on the theme of modern tea wares at the Tanabe Museum of Art and Shimane ceramics museum. This vessel is typical of his oeuvre, being a contemporary interpretation of a tea jar that is highly traditional in form but with an unusual glaze developed by the artist.
Asian Art Department, AGNSW, 2004.
Where the work was made