- Media category
- Materials used
- oil on canvas
- 165.2 x 200.2 x 3.2 cm
- Signature & date
Signed l.l. corner, black oil "Cummings".
Signed and dated upper c. verso, black fibre-tipped pen "Elisabeth Cummings/ .../ ... 2004".
- Purchased with funds provided by the Australian Collection Benefactors' Program 2005
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Elisabeth Cummings. Licensed by Copyright Agency
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 5 exhibitions
Elisabeth Cummings (2004), King Street Gallery on Burton, Darlinghurst, 19 Oct 2004–13 Nov 2004
Salon des Refusés 2005, S.H. Ervin Gallery, The Rocks, 30 Apr 2005–19 Jun 2005
Luminous: the landscapes of Elisabeth Cummings, S.H. Ervin Gallery, The Rocks, 07 Jan 2012–12 Feb 2012
Elisabeth Cummings Retrospective:
- Drill Hall Gallery, Australian National University, Canberra 17 Feb 2017–09 Apr 2017
- S.H. Ervin Gallery, The Rocks 29 May 2017–23 Jul 2017
- New England Regional Art Museum, Armidale 18 Aug 2017–05 Nov 2017
- Orange Regional Gallery, Orange 18 Nov 2017–21 Jan 2018
- Newcastle Art Gallery, Newcastle 03 Mar 2018–29 Apr 2018
I HEART PAINT, Bega Valley Regional Gallery, Bega, 15 Feb 2019–29 Mar 2019
Referenced in 6 publications
Art Gallery of New South Wales, Art Gallery of New South Wales annual report 2006, 'Year in review: Australian art', pg. 20-22, Sydney, 2006, 20.
Catherine Hunter., Sunday, 'The quiet master', produced, Sydney, 24 Oct 2004. Broadcast on the Nine Network's 'Sunday' program, 24 October 2004. Available for viewing on DVD through the Australian Art Department.
John McDonald., The Sydney Morning Herald, 'Guiding lights: the year in visual arts', Sydney, 23 Dec 2005, (colour illus.).
John McDonald, The Sydney Morning Herald, 'The Australian landscape revisited', pg. 28, Sydney, 10 Sep 2005-11 Sep 2005, 28. 'Spectrum' liftout, pg. 28.
John Saxby (Editor), Look, 'The art that made me: Peter Kingston', pg. 12-13, Sydney, Aug 2016, 13 (colour illus.).
Sebastian Smee, The Australian, 'Intimate portrayals coloured by interior dialogue', pg. 12, Sydney, 02 Nov 2004, 12.
Other works by Elisabeth Cummings
See more works