The four seasons of nature: Summer
23 Sep 1925 - 07 Nov 2006
183.0 x 274.0 cm
Signature & date
Signed l.r. corner within tapestry, orange wool "Coburn". Not dated.
Gift of the Christensen Fund 1995
Not on display
© Estate of John Coburn. Licensed by Copyright Agency
Shown in 1 exhibition
John Coburn: 'The Seasons' tapestries:
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 25 Nov 1989–28 Jan 1990
- Nolan Gallery, Australia 22 Aug 1990–21 Oct 1990
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart Feb 1991–Apr 1991
- New England Regional Art Museum, Armidale Apr 1991–May 1991
- Bathurst Regional Art Gallery, Bathurst Regional Council, Bathurst Sep 1992–Oct 1992
Referenced in 5 publications
Nadine Amadio, John Coburn's "The Seasons" tapestries, 1988, front cover (colour illus.), 7, 9, 10, 16, 23, 24, 39 (colour illus.).
Elwyn Lynn, The Weekend Australian, 'Flamboyance unravelled', pg. 10, Sydney, 06 Jan 1990-07 Jan 1990, 10 (illus., detail). Review of 'The Seasons' exhibition at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
Joanne Raheb-Mol, Art & Mind, Melbourne, 1998, 45 (colour illus.). plate no. 3.19
Amanda Uhlmann, The Canberra times, 'The culmination of a philosophy', pg. 12, Ainslie, 20 Sep 1990, 12. Review of 'The Seasons' exhibition at the Nolan Galleries.
Sue-Anne Wallace, The Canberra times, 'Spiritual, physical threads interwoven in Seasons', pg. 7, Ainslie, 29 Sep 1990, 7. Review of 'The Seasons' exhibition at the Nolan Galleries.