The four seasons of nature: Spring
23 Sep 1925 - 07 Nov 2006
183.0 x 274.0 cm
Signature & date
Signed l.r. corner within weave, blue wool "Coburn". Not dated.
Gift of the Christensen Fund 1995
Not on display
© Estate of John Coburn. Licensed by Copyright Agency
Shown in 1 exhibition
John Coburn: 'The Seasons' tapestries:
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 25 Nov 1989–28 Jan 1990
- Nolan Gallery, Australia 22 Aug 1990–21 Oct 1990
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart Feb 1991–Apr 1991
- New England Regional Art Museum, Armidale Apr 1991–May 1991
- Bathurst Regional Art Gallery, Bathurst Regional Council, Bathurst Sep 1992–Oct 1992
Referenced in 4 publications
Nadine Amadio, John Coburn's "The Seasons" tapestries, 1988, 12-13, 22, 24, 32, 45 (colour illus.).
Elwyn Lynn, The Weekend Australian, 'Flamboyance unravelled', pg. 10, Sydney, 06 Jan 1990-07 Jan 1990, 10. Review of 'The Seasons' exhibition at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
Amanda Uhlmann, The Canberra times, 'The culmination of a philosophy', pg. 12, Ainslie, 20 Sep 1990, 12. Review of 'The Seasons' exhibition at the Nolan Galleries.
Sue-Anne Wallace, The Canberra times, 'Spiritual, physical threads interwoven in Seasons', pg. 7, Ainslie, 29 Sep 1990, 7. Review of 'The Seasons' exhibition at the Nolan Galleries.