Decorated chimneys, Medical School, University of Sydney
17 Mar 1895 - 02 Dec 1988
Lloyd Rees travelled to Europe several times, first in 1923-24 when he acquired a particular love of France and Italy, and subsequently during the 1950s, 60s and 70s.
These two chimneys are on the roof of the Anderson Stuart building. Thomas Peter Anderson Stuart came from Edinburgh to establish the Medical School at the University of Sydneyl. In 1887, the building subsequently known as the Anderson Stuart Building was commenced on plans prepared by Blacket. The first part of the building was finished in 1891, and completed in 1922
black ball-point pen on white sketchbook page
16.5 x 12.0 cm sheet
Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
Gift of Alan & Jancis Rees, the artist's son and daughter-in-law 2014. Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program
Not on display
© A&J Rees. Licensed by Copyright Agency