- (circa 1944)
- Media category
- Materials used
- colour masonite cut, hand coloured in gouache on tan laid Japanese paper
- Unknown edition, printed in colour, hand coloured
- 40.0 x 34.0 cm blockmark; 45.9 x 38.7 cm sheet
- Signature & date
Signed in block to print l.l., incised "M.P.".
Signed l.r. beneath blockmark, pencil "Margaret Preston". Not dated.
- Bequest of W.G. Preston the artist's widower 1977
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Margaret Rose Preston Estate. Licensed by Copyright Agency
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 1 exhibition
Australian icons: twenty artists from the collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 04 Aug 2000–03 Dec 2000
Referenced in 3 publications
Elizabeth Butel, Margaret Preston: the art of constant rearrangement, Ringwood, 1985, 90, 91 (colour illus.). cat.no. P.44; titled 'Galston Gorge N.S.W.'
Roger Arthur Butler, The prints of Margaret Preston: a catalogue raisonné, Canberra, 1987, 212 (colour illus.), 213. cat.no. 248
Roger Arthur Butler, The prints of Margaret Preston: a catalogue raisonné, Canberra, 2005, 225 (colour illus.). cat.no. 248
Other works by Margaret Preston
See more works