- Media categories
- Sketchbook , Drawing , Watercolour
- Materials used
- bound sketchbook: 44 leaves, 11 drawings, mixed media
- 20.8 x 14.9 cm leaf; 21.3 x 15.0 cm closed book; 41.5 x 14.4 cm open book (irreg.)
- Signature & date
Signed and dated l.r. on part i [page 17], pencil "LR 60".
- Gift of Alan & Jancis Rees 1997
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © A&J Rees. Licensed by Copyright Agency
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 1 exhibition
Lloyd Rees in Europe (2002-04), Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 09 Feb 2002–28 Apr 2002
Referenced in 4 publications
Renée Free, Lloyd Rees, Melbourne, 1972, 45 (illus. part c), 77. Plate no. D204
Hendrik Kolenberg and Patricia James, Lloyd Rees in Europe, '1959', pg. 49-77, Sydney, 2002, 71 (colour illus. part b), 72 (colour illus. part c). cat.no. 50 (part b), cat.no. 51 (part c)
New South Wales Society of Artists, Society of Artists Spring exhibition, Sydney, 1960, Sydney, 1960, (illus. part a). NOTE: Part a titled 'Candia Crete'.
Jill Sykes, Look, 'Lloyd Rees in Europe: a great artist sketching for the future', pg. 16-19, Melbourne, Feb 2002, 18 (colour illus., page 5).
Other works by Lloyd Rees
See more works