- Media category
- Materials used
- synthetic polymer paint on canvas on hardboard
- 100.0 x 150.0 cm board; 101.8 x 152.0 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed and dated l.r. corner, synthetic polymer paint "John Olsen/ `66".
- Gift of Patrick White 1973
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © John Olsen. Licensed by Copyright Agency
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 2 exhibitions
John Olsen (1967), Clune Galleries, Sydney, 09 May 1967 -
John Olsen retrospective (1991-92):
- National Gallery of Victoria [St Kilda Road], Melbourne 01 Nov 1991–02 Feb 1992
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 08 May 1992–28 Jun 1992
Referenced in 4 publications
Deborah Hart, John Olsen, Sydney, 1991, 86, 87 (illus.). fig.no. 19
Helen Hewitt, Voices, 'Patrick White: painter manqué', pg. 61-70, Canberra, Winter 1997, 65.
Helen Verity Hewitt, Patrick White, painter, manqué: paintings, painters and their influence on his writing, 'White and the Sydney Art World: I', pg. 44-53, Carlton, 2002, 48, 146-147.
Barry Pearce, Look, 'Patrick White, art patron', pg. 27, Sydney, Nov 2004, 27.
Other works by John Olsen
See more works