- Place where the work was made
New South Wales
- Media category
- Materials used
- synthetic polymer paint on cardboard
- 73.2 x 99.9 cm sight; 94.8 x 120.8 x 2.1 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed and dated l.r. corner, white synthetic polymer paint "E. RUSSELL. 94".
- Purchased with funds provided by the Australian Collection Benefactors' Program 1995
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Estate of Elaine Russell
- Artist information
Works in the collection
"These are the dreams no one can ever take away from us no matter how much they try to brainwash us, with religion and other things.We couldn't wait until school was over so we could go down to our favourite swimming hole. To swim and catch yabbies, which we cooked right there on the river bank, how can we forget these dreams from the past which will be in our hearts forever."
Aunty Elaine Russell 1994
Where the work was made
Referenced in 1 publication
Jonathan Jones, Tradition today: Indigenous art in Australia, 'Elaine Russell', pg. 128, Sydney, 2004, 128, 129 (colour illus.).
Other works by Elaine Russell
See more works