- Other Title
- Wrist rest inscribed "Who knows the mind of Heaven and Earth"
- Place where the work was made
- Edo (Tokugawa) period 1615 - 1868 → Japan
- 18th century-19th century
- Media category
- Materials used
- 19.4 x 5.3 x 1.4 cm
- Signature & date
Signed c.l., in Japanese, incised "Minagawa (illeg.)" (and artist's mark). Not dated.
- Purchased with funds donated by Mr L. Phillips 1980
- Not on display
- Accession number
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Where the work was made
Referenced in 3 publications
Jackie Menzies, Art of the Brush - Chinese & Japanese painting calligraphy, Sydney, 1995, 23.
Jackie Menzies and Edmund Capon AM, OBE, Asian Collection Handbook, Art Gallery of New South Wales, 'Japanese Art', pg. 70-82, Sydney, 1990, 78 (colour illus.).
Jackie Menzies, Three years on: a selection of acquisitions 1978-1981, 'Asian Art', pg. 85-103, Sydney, 1981, 103 (illus.). cat.no. 35