He left home for a distant country, from the Suite The Prodigal Son
24 Jul 1920 – 24 Apr 1999
- Media category
- Materials used
- etching, black ink on white 270gsm BFK Rives
- artist's proof, edition a, II/V from an edition of 45
- 66.2 x 48.1 cm platemark; 101.0 x 74.9 cm sheet
- Signature & date
Signed l.r., pencil "Arthur Boyd". Not dated.
- Gift of the artist & Australian Galleries 1997
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Reproduced with permission of Bundanon Trust
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 3 exhibitions
Arthur Boyd: The Prodigal Son A New Suite of 16 Etchings (1996), Australian Galleries, Melbourne, Collingwood, 07 Oct 1996–02 Nov 1996
Arthur Boyd - "The Prodigal Son" and "The Writer and his Muse" (1996), Australian Galleries, Brisbane (Australia), Brisbane, 29 Nov 1996–14 Dec 1996
Arthur Boyd (1997), Australian Galleries, Sydney, Paddington, 30 Jun 1997–26 Jul 1997
Referenced in 2 publications
Zelda Cawthorne, Herald Sun, 'Boyd's secrets', pg. 7, Port Melbourne, 07 Oct 1996.
Anne Marsh., Herald Sun, 'Biblical Boyd', Port Melbourne, 09 Oct 1996.
Other works by Arthur Boyd
See all 402 works