Dhämala Story (Catfish and Snake)
Catfish and seasnake at Dhabila
natural pigments on eucalyptus bark
116.0 x 60.0 cm
Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
Not on display
© Malangi Estate. Licensed by Aboriginal Artists Agency Ltd, Sydney.
Where the work was made
Shown in 3 exhibitions
Bulada, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 23 Aug 1997–14 Dec 1997
No ordinary place: The art of David Malangi:
- National Gallery of Australia, Parkes 31 Jul 2004–17 Nov 2004
- Queensland Art Gallery, South Brisbane 23 Apr 2005–17 Jul 2005
- Flinders University City Gallery, Adelaide 13 Aug 2005–02 Oct 2005
- Museum and Art Galleries of the Northern Territory, Darwin 12 Nov 2005–08 Jan 2006
- Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery, University of Western Australia, Perth 23 Apr 2006–06 Jun 2006
The Dreamers (2009-10), Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 09 May 2009–15 Aug 2010
Referenced in 1 publication
No ordinary place: the art of David Malangi, Canberra, 2004, 80 (colour illus.).