- Place where the work was made
- (circa 1914)
- Media categories
- Sketchbook , Drawing
- Materials used
- bound sketchbook: 59 leaves, 88 drawings, mixed media
- 19.4 x 27.2 cm leaf; 19.9 x 27.5 cm book closed; 20.0 x 56.7 cm book open
- Signature & date
Signed and dated l.r. endpaper, pen and brown ink "Lloyd Rees/ Xmas/ 1913".
Signed c. on part a [page 1], pencil ".../ ... Lloyd Rees".
Dated c.l. on part a [page 1], pen and black ink "Decr 1913".
- Gift of the artits's son and daughter-in-law, Alan and Jancis Rees 1999
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © A&J Rees. Licensed by Copyright Agency
- Artist information
Works in the collection
This is Lloyd Rees' earliest extant sketchbook. The book was a gift from Wal Taylor, bookbinder and work-mate at the Queensland Government Printing Office, Brisbane, where Rees worked 1913-15. It has numerous studies of early Brisbane landmarks - churches, bridges and various public buildings.
Hendrik Kolenberg, 'Lloyd Rees in Europe', Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 2002
Where the work was made
Shown in 1 exhibition
Lloyd Rees: works from the South Coast, Shoalhaven City Arts Centre, Nowra, 26 Oct 2013–14 Dec 2013
Referenced in 1 publication
Hendrik Kolenberg, Lloyd Rees in Europe, 'Introduction', pg. 9-17, Sydney, 2002, 142.
Other works by Lloyd Rees
See more works