Robert Le Gay Brereton Memorial Prize
Supported by the Jocelyn Maughan Art Foundation
Applications close Sunday 8 September 2019
The Art Gallery of NSW awards an annual prize of $2000 to an art student exhibiting skill and promise in the area of draughtsmanship.
The scholarship is open to Australian students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in fine or visual arts or an equivalent studio degree in New South Wales.
How to apply
Complete the online application form by 5pm, Sunday 8 September 2019.
1. Applicants must submit JPEG images of the following:
- two life figure drawings, one of each sex
- one study of hands and feet
- one or two studies of a head
- up to 12 images of sketchbook or portfolio pages containing any subjects.
The images must be formatted into a PowerPoint presentation and uploaded to a file sharing website. Format as a landscape presentation, with each slide featuring one image, centred on a white background with the caption underneath (title, date, medium and size). Make the first slide your name only. A downloadable PowerPoint template is available for your reference on the website. Save your presentation in the following format: ‘SURNAME_Firstname_2019’.
Download PowerPoint template (POT 102.5 KB)
2. All applicants must include a current CV.
3. Shortlisted applicants are required to deliver the original drawings as well as one or two sketchbooks or portfolios to the Gallery for final judging. Applicants are required to deliver and collect works at their own cost.
1. The winner will be notified in late October 2019.
2. The scholarship is judged by Gallery staff.
3. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.