Elioth Gruner Prize
Applications now open. Deadline Wednesday 1 November 2017, 5pm
The Art Gallery of New South Wales awards an annual prize of $1000 for excellence in the study of a landscape in oils. The applicant must be an art student who has lived in New South Wales for at least five years before entering the competition.
Applicants must submit two landscapes painted in oils, no larger than 100 × 150 cm, along with the completed application form and CV.
Applicants are asked at first instance to send images of their entries in PowerPoint format. Shortlisted applicants will then be required to submit original works to the Gallery for final judging.
The prize is for an amount of $1000 awarded for the best study of a landscape in oils.
The scholarship is open to students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in fine or visual arts or an equivalent studio degree.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident who has lived in New South Wales for at least five years prior to applying for the prize.
How to apply
1. Applicants must submit two JPEG images of recent work formatted into a PowerPoint presentation. Upload your PowerPoint onto a file sharing site and include the hyperlink in your application. Format as a landscape presentation, with each slide featuring one image, centered on a white background with the caption underneath (title, date, medium and size). Make the first slide your name only. A downloadable PowerPoint template is available for your reference on the website. Save your presentation in the following format: ‘SURNAME_Firstname_2017’.
2. Shortlisted applicants are required to deliver the original paintings to the Gallery for final judging. Applicants are required to deliver and collect works at their own cost.
3. All applicants must complete the application form and include a current CV, as well as a statutory declaration that the work is their own and that they have lived in NSW for five years prior to applying for the prize.
Send your completed application form, CV and PowerPoint via email by 5pm Friday 1 November to email@example.com
Digital submissions are strongly preferred. However, you may submit your full application on a labelled CD or USB stick and deliver in person to the reception desk on the upper level of the Art Gallery of NSW or post to:
Scholarships, Internships and Prizes
c/o Yuki Kawakami
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Art Gallery Road, The Domain Sydney NSW 2000
Download application form (PDF 281.2 KB)
Download PowerPoint template (POT 102.5 KB)
1. The winner will be notified in early December 2017.
2. The scholarship is judged by Gallery staff.
3. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.