Applications close Sunday 28 October 2018
The Art Gallery of NSW awards the Dyason Bequest to an Australian art student who has already won a travelling scholarship, to assist with the cost of overseas travel. The bequest is for an amount of up to $5000 to support the award of a separate scholarship to study in a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
The scholarship is open to Australian students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in fine or visual arts, art history, curatorship, museum studies or a related discipline.
Applicants must have already been awarded a travelling scholarship to a country other than Australia or New Zealand, to be undertaken in 2019.
How to apply
Complete the online application form by 5pm, Sunday 28 October 2018.
1. Applicants must submit a proposal outlining the scholarship already awarded to the applicant, including any projects being pursued and intended scholarship outcomes. Proposals should be no more than 600 words.
2. Applicants must submit a draft budget outlining expected expenses, demonstrating how the Dyason Bequest will support their study.
3. Submit up to eight JPEG images of recent work formatted into a PowerPoint presentation.
- Format as a landscape presentation, with each slide featuring one image, centred on a white background with the caption underneath (title, date, medium and size).
- Make the first slide your name only. A downloadable PowerPoint template is available for your reference on the website. Save your presentation in the following format: ‘SURNAME_Firstname_2018’.
- For multimedia works, applicants may submit up to two separate links to online content. One video should be no more than two minutes.
- Instead of JPEG images, applicants enrolled in art history, curatorship or museum studies degrees must submit up to four pieces of written work, two of which must be under 1500 words. Save these in PDF format and upload onto a file sharing site.
Download PowerPoint template (POT 102.5 KB)
4. All applicants must include a current CV.
1. The winner will be notified in early December 2018.
2. The scholarship is judged by Gallery staff.
3. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.