Basil and Muriel Hooper Scholarship
Applications close Sunday 28 October 2018
The Art Gallery of NSW awards an annual scholarship of $4000 to a fine arts or visual arts student exhibiting outstanding ability and skill in their practice to assist with the cost of fees and general living expenses.
The scholarship is open to Australian students currently enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in fine or visual arts attending recognised universities or schools in New South Wales. Students must have completed at least one year of full-time study at the time of application.
Scholarships will be valued at $4000 payable in instalments due at the commencement of each term or semester.
Applicants must not be currently receiving any other scholarship to support their course of study.
How to apply
Complete the online application form by 5pm, Sunday 28 October 2018.
1. Applicants must submit a statement outlining their financial circumstances and why they warrant further financial assistance. Statements should be no more than 600 words and should include a summary of your art practice.
2. Applicants must submit up to eight JPEG images of recent work formatted into a PowerPoint presentation.
- Format as a landscape presentation, with each slide featuring one image, centred on a white background with the caption underneath (title, date, medium and size).
- Make the first slide your name only. A downloadable PowerPoint template is available for your reference on the website. Save your presentation in the following format: ‘SURNAME_Firstname_2018’.
- For multimedia works, applicants may submit up to two separate links to online content. One video should be no more than two minutes.
Download PowerPoint template (POT 102.5 KB)
3. All applicants must include a current CV.
1. The winner will be notified in early December 2018.
2. The scholarship is judged by Gallery staff.
3. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.