The Yiribana Gallery presents a selection of works from our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander collection.
It also includes the Yiribana Project Space, home to a range of changing exhibitions.
Yiribana means ‘this way’ in the language of the Eora people and acknowledges the location of the Gallery on Gadigal land.
Lower level 3 of the Gallery is hosting the exhibition ARTEXPRESS 2016. Aboriginal art can still be seen in other parts of the Gallery in the 20th-century Australian galleries on the ground level. See our Indigenous Australian art self-guided tour
Coming soon to Yiribana Gallery
4 Jun 2016 – 2017
of fire and water
4 Jun – Nov 2016
See also the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander gallery
- Head towards the rear of the Gallery
- Take the escalators down three levels
- Turn left
- The Yiribana Gallery is on your left
- Take the lift (on your left) down two levels, to “3”
- Head through the double glass doors
- The Yiribana Gallery is across the foyer on your right