The contemporary project space was home to an ongoing series of exhibitions of new work by living artists. This key part of our program enables artists working in Australia and internationally to create work on a significant scale, presented within the context of our contemporary collections. Since 1989 more than 100 projects have engaged audiences with the most current ideas and material developments in contemporary culture.
The contemporary project space has been closed as the whole floor is given over to our summer exhibition Pop to popism. AGNSW Contemporary Projects will now be located in other parts of the Gallery.
See also the Contemporary galleries
- Head towards the rear of the Gallery
- Take the escalators down two levels
- Turn right then left
- The entrance to the contemporary project space is on your left
- Take the lift (on your left) down one level, to 2
- Exit and turn left, then turn right
- Continue all the way to the far wall
- The entrance to the contemporary project space is on your right