The pavilion housing this gallery is a floating white glass-and-steel cube, pivoted with stainless-steel lotus flowers. Cantilevered on top of the original Asian gallery, it glows softly at night like a paper lantern over Sydney Harbour.
In the past, this space has also housed the Edward and Goldie Sternberg Gallery of Southeast Asian Art.
Currently on show in Upper Asian gallery
through the Asian collections
until 13 Mar 2016
Coming soon to Upper Asian gallery
treasures from the Silk Road capital
9 Apr – 10 Jul 2016
One hundred aspects of the moon
20 Aug – 20 Nov 2016
See also the Asian galleries
- Head towards the rear of the Gallery
- Take the ramp (on your right) up to the Asian gallery
- Take the lift (on your left) up one level, to “G”
- Turn right into the entrance court and head towards the front of the Gallery
- Take the ramp (on your left) up to the Asian gallery