These galleries are where Australian paintings and sculpture from the 19th century and pre-modernist works from the early 20th century are displayed. It’s where you will find paintings by artists such as John Glover, WC Piguenit, Tom Roberts, Arthur Streeton and Frederick McCubbin, and sculptures by Bertram Mackennal.
See also the Australian galleries
- Head through the vestibule into the entrance court
- On your right you will see three large archways. These galleries are through the first and second archways
- Take the lift (on your left) up one level, to G
- Turn right into the entrance court and head towards the front of the Gallery
- On your left you will see three large archways. These galleries are through the second and third archways