Join the Art Gallery of NSW Foundation
The Art Gallery of NSW Foundation is the Gallery’s major acquisition fund and the umbrella philanthropic organisation for all the Gallery benefactor groups and funds.
It invests capital from donations and bequests and uses the income to purchase works of art for the collection.
Who can join
Foundation membership is offered to people who commit $6000 or more over a four-year period. It may also be offered to those who donate artworks or leave a gift in their will. See Donate artwork and Leave a gift in your will.
Levels of support
- Member: $6000-$20,000 over four years
- Donor: $20,000-$50,000 over five years
- Fellow: $50,000-$100,000 over 10 years
- Governor: $100,000-$500,000, period negotiable
- Benefactor: $500,000-$1 million, period negotiable
- Gold Benefactor: $1 million – $5 million, period negotiable
- Life Benefactor: $5 million or more, period negotiable
In recognition of your support as a contributing member, you will:
- be eligible to have your name listed on the Foundation honour board and annual report
- be invited to private viewings of major exhibitions, with a talk by the exhibition curator, the Gallery’s director or another leading art expert
- receive the Foundation’s twice-yearly newsletter
Choose an area to support
When you join, you can direct your support to the general acquisition fund for artworks or to a particular area, from Aboriginal or Asian art to conservation or public programs. You might choose to join one of our specific benefactor groups, who organise special events for supporters such as talks, viewings and visits to private collections.
- Aboriginal Collection Benefactors (ACB)
- Contemporary Collection Benefactors (CCB)
- Australian Prints, Drawings & Watercolours Benefactors (PDW)
- Photography Collection Benefactors (PCB)
- Australian Art Acquisition Fund
- International Art Acquisition Fund
- Asian Art Acquisition Fund
- Conservation (Friends of Conservation)
- Research Library and Archive (Friends of the Library)
- Curatorial Support Fund
- Public Programs Fund