Position number 10/CS2414
Temporary full-time, 35 hours/week
Steven Miller 9225 1762 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online through the Jobs NSW website (search for 'art gallery’ in keywords).
Friday 14 January 2011
Download information package
(PDF 560.6 KB)
The Art Gallery of NSW is seeking to fill a temporary full-time position of Librarian Grade 1 for a period of up to 12 months. The librarian will be expected to work with a small, tightly-knit group of library professionals and volunteers and be willing to undertake the multi-faceted tasks that are required of staff in specialist libraries
Annual salary range ($52,104 - $68,075), plus 9% employer’s contribution to superannuation and 1.35% annual leave loading
- An undergraduate degree (preferably in Arts or Letters) and a postgraduate diploma in Information Management (Librarianship or Archives) or equivalent qualifications.
- Sound knowledge of library information systems and online retrieval services, with particular emphasis on library circulation, acquisition and cataloguing procedures (AACR2/RDA, LCSH, DDC, USMarc).
- Excellent organisational abilities, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to establish priorities, achieve goals, work independently and collaborate, adapt to change and identify and solve problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office applications, library systems and Libraries Australia applications
- Ability to work effectively within a team and supervise volunteers.