Clerk Grade 6-7
Position number 13/EX3038
Temporary full-time for up to two years, 35 hours/week
Charlotte Davy +61 2 9225 1857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online through the Jobs NSW website
(search for 'art gallery’ in keywords)
Wednesday 18 September 2013
Download information package
(PDF 411.2 KB)
The Art Gallery of New South Wales, in Sydney, is seeking an experienced exhibitions manager to fill this temporary position for up to two years.
The successful candidate will deliver allocated exhibitions at the Gallery, from initial concept through all stages of planning to successful realisation at the Gallery and at any subsequent tour venues. This role facilitates exhibition teams to realise the concept and presentation of agreed exhibitions, and ensures that human and financial resources are responsibly managed for each assigned project. This role negotiates, manages and monitors the contractual obligations for allocated incoming package exhibitions and outgoing touring exhibitions.
Total salary package valued up to $95,595 per annum, including salary range $79,199- $86,472 plus 9.25% employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Tertiary degree in fine art/art history
- Proven exhibition project management skills, including staff and contractor management, and resource and logistical planning
- Proven experience managing exhibition budgets
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and managing contracts
- Working knowledge of exhibition design, construction and installation, and experience working with designers and technical staff to resolve display issues
- Working knowledge of exhibition interpretative strategies and audience engagement
- Experience using project management software and museum-specific relational databases
- Appropriate level of communication skills as a manager with strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills