Executive Assistant to the Director
Clerk Grade 8
Position number 13/DI6311
Permanent full-time, 35 hours/week
Sally Webster +61 2 9225 1852 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online through the Jobs NSW website
(search for 'art gallery’ in keywords)
Monday 16 September 2013
Download information package
(PDF 356.3 KB)
The Art Gallery of New South Wales, in Sydney, is seeking an experienced executive assistant to fill the position of Executive Assistant to the Director.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for all inquiries to the Director’s office and provide confidential secretarial support to the Director, which includes the coordination and preparation of all correspondence relating to the Director and the management of the Director’s diary. The position holder maintains a high level of liaison to key internal and external people and coordinates events hosted by the Director.
Total salary package valued up to $103,052 per annum, including salary range $90,075 - $92,940 plus 9.25% employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Demonstrated success in the provision of administrative and secretarial support to a senior executive.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues, and people in senior positions with a high level of tact and discretion.
- Experience preparing expense claims, coordinating meetings and associated catering and travel arrangements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with dignitaries.
- Ability to determine priorities in an environment of tight and conflicting deadlines, using a high degree of initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated qualities of sound judgment, reliability, attention to detail, confidentiality and personal and professional integrity.
- High-level keyboard skills and extensive experience in the use of a range of Microsoft and Apple software.