Business Development Manager
Clerk Grade 9/10
Position number 50036632
Temporary full-time, 35 hours/week
Kirsten Downie + 61 2 9225 1756 or email Kirsten.Downie@ag.nsw.gov.au
Apply online through the Jobs NSW website
(search for 'art gallery’ in keywords)
Friday 21 February 2014
Download information package
(PDF 292.5 KB)
The Art Gallery of New South Wales, in Sydney, is seeking to fill the position of Business Development Manager, temporary full-time for up to 12 months.
Responsible for attracting and securing corporate, media and government sponsors as well as grants and other funding opportunities to support Gallery exhibitions, programs and activities. Working closely with the Director, Marketing, Development and Memberships and Corporate Partnerships Manager, increases the overall level of cash sponsorship in line with target, identifies new properties across the Gallery for sponsorship and other funding as well as identifying budget saving in-kind support. Responsible for delivering high-quality, creative and seamless official openings and other key events that support and enhance the Gallery’s identity and image.
Total salary package valued up to $116,649 per annum including salary range $95,710 - $105,469 plus 9.25% employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Demonstrated experience and success in securing financial and strategic partnerships.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or minimum five years direct industry experience in securing and managing sponsor relationships.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of event management.
- Broad network of industry and business contacts and knowledge of business environment including current trends, issues and economic climate.
- Highly competent budgeting and accounting skills and experience working with customer databases.
- Strong research and project management skills.