Instagram your treasures competition
Which artwork would you be brave enough to save?
The ancient artefacts in Afghanistan: hidden treasures were so precious that the director and curators of the National Museum in Kabul risked their lives to protect them.
Take a photo of the artwork in the Art Gallery of NSW that you treasure most and upload it to Instagram with the hashtag #AGNSWtreasures for your chance to win.
We’re looking for the most interesting and creative entry. Suhanya Raffel, the Gallery’s director of collections, will be the judge. The winner receives a Hidden treasures prize pack, including exhibition merchandise valued at $150, Gallery membership and a $100 gift card for the Gallery restaurant. Plus three runners up will each receive an exhibition catalogue.
All you have to do to enter is:
- Download the Instagram app for Android or iPhone
- Take a photo at Art After Hours uncovers hidden treasures from 5pm on Wednesday 2 April 2014
- Edit your photo using the Instagram process
- Upload your photo to Instagram using the hashtag #AGNSWtreasures and add a caption which tells us why you treasure this work (privacy settings must be set to ‘public’ for us to retrieve your photo)
The competition opens 2 April 2014 at 5pm and you have until midnight to get your entries in. We’ll announce the winner on Monday 7 April 2014.
Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is the Art Gallery of NSW, ABN 24 934 492 575, Art Gallery Rd, The Domain NSW 2000, ph (02) 9225 1700.
- Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia (you’ll need to be able to redeem the prize if you win!). Employees and their immediate families of the Art Gallery of NSW and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
- The competition is open from 5.00pm until 12.00pm midnight (AEST) on Wednesday 2 April 2014.
- Entries must be received by 12.00pm midnight(AEST) Wednesday 2 April 2014. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- Only entries submitted via the Instagram application and which are appropriately hashtagged will be accepted. Photographs submitted must be original works.
- Judging will take place on Friday 4 April 2014 at the Art Gallery of NSW. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
- The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winner. We are looking for the most creative and interesting entry, as judged by Suhanya Raffel, Director of Collections, Art Gallery of NSW.
- Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winners via their Instagram account within one week of the prize draw. In the event that the winner/s cannot be contacted after one month, an alternate winner/s will be selected and the original winner/s will forfeit any prize. The unclaimed prize judging will take place on Friday 2 May 2014 at the Art Gallery of NSW.
Use of entries
- All images published on Instagram with #AGNSWtreasures may be moderated and displayed on the Art Gallery of NSW website and Facebook page. These images and associated usernames will be public to all.
- By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions you agree your images can be broadcast via digital feeds or printed for physical events by the Art Gallery of NSW.
- In consideration for the Art Gallery of NSW awarding the prize to the winners (including runners up), the winners give the Art Gallery of NSW non-exclusive rights to use their submitted image and Instagram name in promotional formats such as announcing the winners via the Art Gallery of NSW website, Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram application and in subsequent competition promotions (with attribution). The winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
Use of personal information
- By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions, you agree that the Art Gallery of NSW may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the competition, including the use of your Instagram name in promotional formats.
- By entering the competition, you give the Art Gallery of NSW permission to contact you via Instagram if you are a winner of the competition.
- The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
- Major prize: an Afghanistan: hidden treasures merchandise pack valued at $150; a joint annual membership for the Art Gallery Society of NSW; $100 gift card for the restaurant at the Art Gallery of NSW. In addition, three runners up will each receive an Afghanistan: hidden treasures exhibition catalogue valued at $34.95. Total prize pool value is $500. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of the Instagram terms and conditions, found at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/