Instagram Love Bytes
Congratulations @vixaroughian, winner of our Instagram Love Bytes competition. She has won a night at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth with a bottle of champagne on arrival, and a We used to talk about love exhibition catalogue.
The three runners up are:
Of the winning work, Natasha Bullock, the Gallery’s curator of contemporary art and competition judge, said: 'It’s a random twist on the parameters set for the competition. It’s not your obvious “love moment”, but it is a very distinguishing feature of the Gallery. And how unusual to remember your first date by the characteristics of the floor!’
In association with the exhibition We used to talk about love: Balnaves contemporary: photomedia
Join us on the eve of Valentine’s Day for our Art After Hours ‘Love-in’ and share the love via Instagram.
Snap a Love Byte of something you love at the Gallery on the night – it could be a performance, talk or your favourite space – and upload it to Instagram with the hashtag #loveagnsw for your chance to win a special lovers’ retreat including:
- luxury accommodation at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, with a bottle of champagne on arrival
- We used to talk about love exhibition catalogue
Plus three runners-up will each receive a We used to talk about love exhibition catalogue.
How to enter
- Download the Instagram app for Android or iPhone.
- Come along to our Art After Hours Love-in at the Gallery from 5pm to 9pm on Wednesday 13 February 2013.
- Take a photo and choose a filter.
- Upload the photo to Instagram with the hashtag #loveagnsw (privacy settings must be set to ‘public’ for us to retrieve your photo).
The competition opens 5pm 13 February 2013 and you’ll have until midnight to get your entries in. We’ll announce the winner on Valentine’s Day.
Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is the Art Gallery of NSW, ABN 24 934 492 575, Art Gallery Rd, The Domain NSW 2000, ph (02) 9225 1700.
- Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia (you’ll need to be able to redeem the prize if you win). Employees and their immediate families of the Art Gallery of NSW and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
- The competition is open from 5.00pm until 12 midnight (AEST) on Wednesday 13 February 2013.
- Entries must be received by 12 midnight (AEST) Wednesday 13 February 2013. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- Only entries submitted via the Instagram application and which are appropriately hashtagged will be accepted. Photographs submitted must be original works.
- Judging will take place on Thursday 14 February 2013 at 10.00am (AEST) at the Art Gallery of NSW. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
- The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winner. We are looking for the most creative and interesting entry, as judged by Natasha Bullock, curator of contemporary art, Art Gallery of NSW.
- Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winners via their Instagram account within one week of the prize draw. In the event that the winner/s cannot be contacted after one month, an alternate winner/s will be selected and the original winner/s will forfeit any prize. The unclaimed prize judging will take place on Thursday 14 March 2013 at 10.00am (AEST) at the Art Gallery of NSW.
Use of entries
- All images published on Instagram with #loveagnsw may be moderated and displayed on the Art Gallery of NSW website and Facebook page. These images and associated usernames will be public to all.
- By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions you agree your images can be broadcast via digital feeds or printed for physical events by the Art Gallery of NSW.
- In consideration for the Art Gallery of NSW awarding the prize to the winners (including runners-up), the winners give the Art Gallery of NSW non-exclusive rights to use their submitted image and Instagram name in promotional formats such as announcing the winners via the Art Gallery of NSW website, Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram application and in subsequent competition promotions (with attribution). The winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
Use of personal information
- By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions, you agree that the Art Gallery of NSW may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the competition, including the use of your Instagram name in promotional formats.
- By entering the competition, you give the Art Gallery of NSW permission to contact you via Instagram if you are a winner of the competition.
- The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
- Major prize: 1-night accommodation in a classic room at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, with a bottle of champagne on arrival; We need to talk about love exhibition catalogue (valued at $45). Valid until 30 June 2013. Accommodation is subject to availability and a minimum of 4 weeks notice is required to arrange this element of the prize. Any incidentals such as room service, mini bar and telephone calls are not included and should be settled by the prize winner upon departure. No changes allowed once the prize has been booked. Transport to Sydney and meals are not included in the prize. The winner will be responsible for covering their own travel expenses to and within Sydney. In addition, three runners up will each receive a We used to talk about love exhibition catalogue (valued at $45). Total prize pool value is $540. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Instagram terms and conditions
- Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of the Instagram terms and conditions, found at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/