No 202 metal construction
The artist – Robert Klippel – was one of Australia’s leading sculptors and he enjoyed combining things from nature with technology, creating artworks that looked both man-made and organic.
- Find this metal sculpture.
- Look closely at No 202. Describe what objects you can see. Where do you think Klippel may have found them?
- Stand back and look at the whole group of sculptures. What is the same about all of them? Are any of them different?
- Role-play how the artist would have moved his body, arms and fingers to create these sculptures.
- Add more shapes from nature and machines to these shapes below, to create an idea for a sculpture. Hint: if you’d like to print the image only, right-click on these shapes and select save, then print it.
Collect recycled materials and found objects, and make your own sculpture with them.