The OHS Act and Regulation require principals and teachers organising excursions to use risk management to ensure the health and safety of students, staff and excursion volunteers. Risk management supports better decision making by contributing to a greater insight into the potential risks and their impacts.
– NSW Department of Education and Training Excursions Policy 6.6.1 (1)
To assist teachers in preparing their own risk assessments, the Gallery has prepared venue and safety information documents for school excursions to the Art Gallery of NSW and to the Brett Whiteley Studio, which answer all questions required by the Department of Education and Training.
Download Gallery venue and safety information (PDF 112.9 KB)
To download the latest PDF reader, visit the Adobe website.
Having problems viewing the PDF? Try the following:
- Right-click on the link for the kit (or control-click on a Mac)
- Choose “Save Target As…” (or “Save Link As…” or “Download Linked File”)
- Choose a folder on your computer (or network)
- Go to that folder and double-click the file