The Gallery’s annual student photography prize is now open
Entries close Friday 19 December 2014. Winners announced end of January 2015.
This competition offers students an opportunity to develop their photographic skills and gain recognition for their efforts.
In 2014 the competition is in association with the exhibition My trip.
The works of the three Australian photographers in this exhibition – Micky Allan, Max Pam and Jon Rhodes – record what they thought, saw and experienced on their respective itinerant journeys. Rather than being just straightforward travel snaps, their photographs provide interesting representations of places and encounters.
Submit a photograph or a series of photographs (maximum three images) using the theme of ‘my trip’. You could explore ideas such as my trip to the shop, to school, to my grandmother’s house, around the garden, to the beach, to the Gallery…
Students may submit up to three photographs each in one of the following categories:
- Junior (Years 3–6)
- Intermediate (Years 7–10)
- Senior (Years 11–12)
Each winner receives a copy of the book Photography: Art Gallery of New South Wales collection and two exhibition tickets. Highly commended also receives two exhibition tickets. The winning and highly commended entries will be published on the Gallery website.
How to enter
Email the following to email@example.com
- Student’s name (first name and surname)
- Student’s year at school
- School’s name
- School’s phone
- Teacher’s name
- Level (ie Junior, Intermediate or Senior)
- Between one and three titled photographs, as jpegs up to 1MB each
The file name for each jpeg should have the student surname and title of the photograph.
Terms and conditions
- This competition is organised by the Art Gallery of NSW, ABN 24 934 492 575, Art Gallery Rd, The Domain NSW 2000
- Entry is open to all Australian school students.
- The competition begins at 9am (AEST) on Friday 3 October 2014 and closes at 5pm (AEST) on Friday 19 December 2014.
- Entries are limited to up to three photographs per entrant.
- An entry must be the original work of the entrant themselves.
- Entries may be digitally manipulated.
- Entries will be judged by Gallery staff. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- One winner and one highly commended will be awarded at each level. The Gallery reserves the right not to award a winning entry.
- Only the winners and highly commended entrants will be contacted by the Gallery.
- Entrants agree that the Gallery may use their personal details for the purpose of conducting the competition.
- Winners and highly commended entrants agree to the publication of their name and school/state and entry on the Gallery website and any marketing, publicity, educational and publication uses associated with the competition. Entrants will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. If the winner is under the age of 18, the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
- Information about how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions.
- Entering the competition indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions by the parent/teacher on behalf of children under the age of 18. The awarding of the winning entry is subject to confirmation of parental/teacher consent to these terms and conditions.