You are welcome to visit independently with your student group, but you must book ahead.
Student to teacher ratios
The following student to teacher ratios are essential:
- Years K-6, pre-schools and home schoolers serviced 8:1, self-guided 10:1
- Years 7-12 serviced 15:1, self-guided 30:1
- Tertiary serviced 20:1, self-guided 60:1
Exhibition entry fees
It is free to visit most of the Gallery including many temporary exhibitions. Education groups visiting the Gallery are entitled to a discounted exhibition entry fee of $7 per student for any exhibitions that charge admission fees. Whether an exhibition is free or has charges is noted on the individual exhibition page of the Gallery website.
To receive the $7 rate, you must:
- book at least one week in advance for self-guided visits (or two weeks in advance for serviced visits)
- be admitted as one group with all students present
Accompanying teachers and lecturers are admitted free in the student:teacher ratios advised above.
Helpers accompanying visitors with disabilities are admitted free.
Exhibition entry fees are NOT paid at the entry desk on the day of your visit. Instead, you will be invoiced for all chargeable exhibitions.
It is essential that all responsible adults and visiting students are fully briefed about conduct and that guidelines are observed at all times.