gouache on paper on hardboard
97.8 x 73.7 cm board; 107.2 x 83.0 x 6.2 cm frame
Signature & date
Signed l.l. corner, blue gouache "... IF [monogram]". Not dated.
Not on display
© Ian Fairweather/DACS. Licensed by Viscopy, Sydney
Shown in 2 exhibitions
Religious art: from the permanent collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 04 Aug 1961–20 Aug 1961
Fairweather: a retrospective exhibition (1965-1966):
- Queensland Art Gallery, South Brisbane 03 Jun 1965–04 Jul 1965
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 21 Jul 1965–22 Aug 1965
- National Gallery of Victoria [Swanston Street], Melbourne 09 Sep 1965–10 Oct 1965
- National Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide 26 Oct 1965–21 Nov 1965
- Western Australian Art Gallery, Perth 09 Dec 1965–16 Jan 1966
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart 10 Feb 1966–13 Mar 1966
Referenced in 3 publications
Paula Dredge, Margaret Sawicki, Steven Miller and Lindsay Parker, S.A. Parker Framing Works, 'Works in the collection with known Parker frames', pg. 27-68, Sydney, 2004, 67 (illus.).
Hal Missingham (Editor), Art Gallery of New South Wales Quarterly, 'Acquisitions for 1959', Sydney, Apr 1960, 20 (illus.), 21.
Queensland Art Gallery (Curator), Fairweather: a retrospective exhibition, South Brisbane, Jun 1965. cat.no. 39 no pagination