(Germany 1710 – )
2.4 x 22.1 cm diam
With its distinctive gilded border of calligraphic scrollwork, this plate can be attributed to the workshop of Franz Ferdinand Meyer, a Hausmaler (independent decorator) active at Pressnitz. The landscape style with gothic architecture in expansive settings and rather stiffly painted figures is also characteristic of the workshop.
Richard Beresford, Eighteenth - Century European Porcelain in the Kenneth Reed collection, Sydney, 2012, 20 (colour illus.). cat.no. 15