The pale blue ground is a later variant of the turquoise blue ground colour (normally described in factory documents as ‘bleu céleste’) introduced in 1753. The piece bears on the base the red inventory number of the J Pierpont Morgan collection.
canister 6.7 x 7.3 x 5.1 cm; cover 1.4 x 3.0 cm diam; combined height 7.9 cm
On loan from Kenneth Reed
Referenced in 1 publication
Richard Beresford, Eighteenth - Century European Porcelain in the Kenneth Reed collection, Sydney, 2012, 105 (colour illus.). cat.no. 142