From a service acquired by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 1773 but returned to the factory a few years later. After additions the resulting large service was in part sold in 1781 and in part used as a diplomatic gift to Tipu Sultan, Sultan of Mysore, in 1788. The decoration is described in the factory records as point d’Espagne (the term refers to a lacework edging used on soft furnishings).
Referenced in 1 publication
Richard Beresford, Eighteenth - Century European Porcelain in the Kenneth Reed collection, Sydney, 2012, 105. cat.no. 140