(Germany circa 1750 – )
12.4 x 7.0 x 4.6 cm:
a - tea caddy; 10.3 x 7 x 4.6 cm
b - cover; 2.3 x 3.3 cm
The landscapes are probably by Pascha Johann Friedrich Weitsch (1723–1803). Formerly a soldier, Weitsch taught himself to paint and joined the Fürstenberg factory in 1757, remaining until 1778. His landscapes are based on studies made in the Brunswick countryside.
Richard Beresford, Eighteenth - Century European Porcelain in the Kenneth Reed collection, Sydney, 2012, 83 (colour illus.). cat.no. 97