(Belgium, Mexico 1959 – )
The last clown
- Media categories
- Materials used
- video animation, black and white, sound, 60 min;
study: pencil and enamel on tracing paper
- 2/4 [edition of 4 plus 1 Artist's Proof]
drawing: 27.6 x 35.2 cm sheet; 29.3 x 37.0 x 1.9 cm frame
- Signature & date
- Signed Certificate of authenticity, blue felt tip pen "Francis Alÿs".
Signed l.r. drawing, pencil "...F.Alÿs". Not dated.
- John Kaldor Family Collection at the Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Accession number
- © Francis Alÿs. Courtesy Galerie Peter Kilchmann, Zurich
- Not on display
- Further information
A signed study drawing for 'The last clown' accompanies each video. Unique series of 24 drawings.
- Bibliography (4)
Jorg Heiser, Frieze no.69, 'Walk on the wild side', 2002, 72 (illus.).
Michèle Thériault, Francis Alys: the last clown, 2000, (illus.).
Cuauhtémoc Medina; 'Francis Alys: what goes on in the street' bu David Torres, Francis Alys: the last clown, 'Falling from grace', 2000, (illus.). no pagination
Wayne Tunnicliffe (Editor), John Kaldor family collection: Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 2011, 170, 177 (colour illus.).