"Sir John Jamison, a naval surgeon who settled in Sydney, subdivided his Sydney property in 1831, cutting a street through from George Street to Clarence Street. Although named after him, this street was misspelt"
Hal Missingham, 'The etchings of Sydney Ure Smith', Ure Smith Pty. Limited, Sydney, 1950
No. 15 Jamison Street
No. 15 Jamieson Street
etching, printed in black ink with plate tone on paper
14.4 x 7.2 cm platemark; 17.1 x 12.8 cm sheet
Signature & date
Signed and dated l.r.corner, pencil "Sydney Ure Smith/ Aug 1916".
Gift of Sir Kenneth Street 1962
Not on display
Referenced in 1 publication
Hal Missingham and Lionel Lindsay, The etchings of Sydney Ure Smith, Sydney, 1950, (illus.). plate no. 16; titled 'No. 15 Jamieson Street', etched 1916