Amalie Sara Colquhoun
20 Mar 1894 - 16 Jun 1974
This work was a finalist in the 1949 Archibald Prize and was acquired by the Gallery in 1950.
oil on canvas
101.6 x 50.8 cm stretcher; 120 x 194.6 x 8.0 cm frame :
0 - Whole; 71 x 103 cm; These are the sight dimensions for the canvas. There are two thin strips of wood located either side which have not been measured.
Signature & date
Signed l.l. corner, red oil "Amalie Colquhoun". Signed verso on frame, pen and black ink on paper "".../ .../ ... AMALIE COLQUHOUN/ .../ ...".
Not on display
Where the work was made
Shown in 1 exhibition
Archibald, Wynne and Sulman (1949), Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 21 Jan 1950–05 Mar 1950
Referenced in 2 publications
Rosalind Gowans, Newsletter: the Victorian Artists Society, 'The Colquhoun family of artists', pg. 12, East Melbourne, Aug 2007-Sep 2007, 12.
Peter Perry and John Perry, Max Meldrum and associates: their art, lives and influences, 'Amalie Colquhoun', pg. 82, Victoria, 1996, 82 (colour illus.).