This work was a finalist in the 1945 Wynne Prize and was acquired by the Gallery in 1945.
oil on canvas
45.0 x 65.0 cm stretcher; 58.2 x 78.6 x 3.5 cm frame
Signature & date
Signed and dated l.r. corner, black oil "S.Herman. 45".
Signed u.r. corner verso on frame, pencil ".../ S.Herman".
Not on display
© Sali Herman Estate
Shown in 1 exhibition
Sali Herman retrospective:
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 01 Jul 1981–26 Jul 1981
- Art Gallery of Western Australia, Australia Feb 1982–Mar 1982
- Newcastle Region Art Gallery, Newcastle 09 Oct 1991–02 Nov 1991
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart
- Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery, Launceston, Launceston
- Museum and Art Galleries of the Northern Territory, Darwin
- Albury Regional Gallery, Albury
- Bendigo Art Gallery, Victoria
Referenced in 1 publication
Barry Pearce, Sali Herman, Sydney, 1981, 43 (illus.). cat.no. 21