pen and black ink, wash
26.9 x 24.5 cm sheet (irreg.)
Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
Gift of Julian Lymburner 1989
Not on display
© Reproduced with permission
Shown in 4 exhibitions
The portrait and the nude: Australian drawings from the collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 18 Aug 1990–28 Oct 1990
Francis Lymburner Retrospective:
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 04 Apr 1992–24 May 1992
- Newcastle Region Art Gallery, Newcastle 12 Jun 1992–12 Jul 1992
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart 28 Jul 1992–13 Sep 1992
- Queensland Art Gallery, South Brisbane 26 Sep 1992–22 Nov 1992
- Bathurst Regional Art Gallery, Bathurst 04 Dec 1992–31 Jan 1993
Australian drawings from the Gallery's collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 13 Dec 1997–15 Mar 1998
Bodyline, Hazelhurst Regional Gallery and Arts Centre, 03 Feb 2001–08 Apr 2001
Referenced in 4 publications
Sascha Grishin., The Canberra times, 'Draughtsman who had few equals', Ainslie, 21 Nov 1987.
Hendrik Kolenberg, Australian drawings from the Gallery's collection, Sydney, 1997, 73 (illus.). cat.no. 64
Barry Pearce and Hendrik Kolenberg, Francis Lymburner, Sydney, 1992, 89 (colour illus.), 90. cat.no. 73
Phyllis Woolcock., The Courier Mail, 'Lymburner at City Hall Gallery', Bowen Hills, 09 Jan 1988.