(England 30 Jul 1898 – 31 Aug 1986)
26.0 x 36.5 cm
Between 1975 and 1985 Henry Moore produced around 1000 drawings. Some are of ideas for sculpture, whereas others were inspired by completed sculptures. He also began to incorporate collaged elements into his drawings, as exemplified by this work. The pose of the figure is closely related to that of the Gallery’s large bronze from 1980, situated at the front of the building.